Descrptive Reflection Unit2Task4


Dear, Prof Brad

I am Shahadunah Begum from Sustainable Infrastructure Engineering (SIE)(Land) course. I graduated from Singapore Polytechnic in 2018 with a diploma in Energy System and Management and attained silver for my co-curricular activities, sign language and community involvement programme. I have some hobbies such as yoga and swimming.

In Polytechnic, I have learnt about microcontroller application and smart energy system that led me to choose this programme. In particular, during my final year project, we resolved many obstacles to obtain the optimal outcome. We collaborated and worked effectively as a team. These have moulded me into a self-directed learner who can apply skills in a real-world context. Moreover, issues affecting the life of society in Singapore such as the recent train disruptions have spurred my curiosity to learn more about the problems associated with commutation.

Apart from studies, l have keen interest in communicating with people from various backgrounds as we can share our experiences and ideas with each other. This helps me build my social circle and intellectual skills. It is essential in my daily live as it helps to achieve my goals and foster a good relationship with everyone.

I am unsure about sharing my ideas during group discussion and tutorial class due to inaccurate grammar or wrong word usage. In addition, I feel afraid of what might be the reaction of my audience after sharing my thoughts due to my prior experience.

Overcoming my fear for public speaking and delivering clear outcomes in written format has been my long-term goals. I tend to overwhelm my thought processes which may lead to communication that lacks clarity and purpose.  I hope that more exposure to group discussions and regular short reflections may hone my communication skills.

Regards,
Shanah


Comments

  1. Dear Shanah,

    Thank you very much for this detailed reflection. I like the range of your description, and I appreciate the way you expound in detail on who you are.

    In terms of how you might improve this post, first I'd suggest you fix the 'template' issue with the lack of spacing between paragraphs. Also, you need to review your overuse of capital letters (in the first two paragraphs) and the lack of transitional phrases between paragraphs (in the last two). I know I mentioned that students often overuse such phrases, but that doesn't mean they are never needed.

    I look forward to working with you this term.

    Regards,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shanah,

    Your reflection is very detail with all the topics being covered. Your explanation of your interest able to let people know your choices for this course. However, paragraphing can be improved, 1 spacing between each paragraph will be great. Capital letters only use when naming or first letter. Nevertheless, I really like your reflection that I even used it as an example template for myself.

    Cheers,

    Victor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shanah,

    I believe that your content is definitely well covered but there is difficulty reading your introducing. I suggest that you should use 1.5 spacing for paragraphing so that readers can read each sentence with ease. Definitely fun working along with you :)

    Cheers,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shanah,

    I enjoyed reading your detailed introduction letter.
    here is some pointer:

    Similar to the previous post, the organization of paragraph could be improve.
    Salutation comma should be placed after the target reader eg. "Dear Prof Brad,"

    In spite of that, it had a nice flow and was a great read. Looking forward working with you!


    Cheers,
    Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shanah,

    Good content but a bit hard to read, maybe can add a space between each paragraph.

    Cheers,
    Yan Xiang

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment