Critical Reflection 1


My goal was to communicate my opinions with confidence and clarity. I have met my goal to a large extent, as there have been many opportunities for communication with my team. I managed to come out of my comfort zone to share my thoughts. Also my grammar and choice of words was better with the help of my team members. However, I still feel anxious about what my audience may feel about my presentation.
To build my effective communication, I extended my social circle to interact with people from different walks of life from the different project groups. I spend time reading my speeches and evaluating them deeply. To further improve on my skills, I have to be clear with my thought process before speaking and be confident with my facts.

After being exposed to a few rounds of presentation, I realised that memorising a presentation script is not effective in delivering the contents of the presentation.
Learning from my team members, they were able to speak confidently as they understand the topic and included transitional phrases to inform the audience about the subsequent parts. Confident speakers tend to have eye contact with the audience with minimal reference to the slides. I realised that adding pictures in the presentation could benefit the speaker as they are able to recall the key points associated with the slide. My takeaway from this project would be to overcome fear of public speaking by understanding the subject deeply. Also rehearsing with my teammates was beneficial in providing me immediate feedback about my presentation skills.

Comments

  1. Thank you for this final reflection, Shana. I appreciate your effort with this assignment, your hard work with the project/presentation and your good cheer with the module in general.

    Best wishes as you continue your learning journey at SIT and beyond.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment